There’s something that has been on my mind for a while. I would like input from anyone regarding the matter.
- refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
“he ignored her outraged question”
- synonyms: disregard, take no notice of, pay no attention to, pay no heed to; More
- turn a blind eye to, turn a deaf ear to, tune out
“he ignored the customers”
- snub, slight, spurn, shun, disdain, look right through, pass over, look past;
- informal: give someone the brush-off, give someone the cold shoulder
“he was ignored by the journalists”
- set aside, pay no attention to, take no account of;
- break, contravene, fail to comply with, fail to observe, disregard, disobey, breach, defy, flout;
Today, there are so many cases of the public being too sensitive and overreacting to a statement made by celebrities. One example being the huge uproar (complete with #CancelColbert internet campaign) over the Colbert Report’s poor re-delivery via Twitter of a joke made on air. At the time, Colbert had pointed out the mind-boggling logic behind Dan Snyder creating a charity for Native Americans to make up for the fact that he owns a team called the Red Skins.
Literature, performing arts, and visual arts are fascinating to me. Born a writer and reader, I try to continue to live my life that way. But, to take a human emotion, thought, or experience and to be able to translate that into a medium for the viewing and criticism of another human is an incredibly brave thing to do, not to mention difficult. After my Forgiveness post, a lot of people expressed that it had made them think about forgiveness in a new way. I feel, for the first time, that I have somehow made it to the point where I can write my experience to reach an audience outside of my own skin.