There’s something that has been on my mind for a while. I would like input from anyone regarding the matter.
A response to The Mirror Crack’d: You wake up one morning to a world without mirrors. How does your life — from your everyday routines to your perception of yourself — change?
- refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
“he ignored her outraged question”
- synonyms: disregard, take no notice of, pay no attention to, pay no heed to; More
- turn a blind eye to, turn a deaf ear to, tune out
“he ignored the customers”
- snub, slight, spurn, shun, disdain, look right through, pass over, look past;
- informal: give someone the brush-off, give someone the cold shoulder
“he was ignored by the journalists”
- set aside, pay no attention to, take no account of;
- break, contravene, fail to comply with, fail to observe, disregard, disobey, breach, defy, flout;
Let’s talk about sleep.
I was noticing that my sleep has been disrupted on a daily basis over the course of the last week. I thought maybe I was anxious about my job search, cleaning, money, issues with a friend, or any of my countless daily concerns. But I was reading today that the sudden removal of alcohol can result in disrupted sleep.
Truth be told, I really stopped drinking prior to June 1. But for argument’s sake, I’m making June 1 my official start. Some morsels of information and clarity that I’ve already encountered include the following:
So I didn’t stick to my plan to write a few sentences a day about this journey for various reasons. The first being I was dealing with a major injury to my right foot. A stubbed toe turned into nine days of painkillers and 13 days of antibiotics. Not to mention a small procedure on the toe to boot. To boot! Ha!
There is something to be said about a New York City sanitation worker having to pick up the trash left behind by the residents of the city that doesn’t sleep. Oh, the things they must see!
My entry for the Weekly Writing Challenge: Great Expectations
I expect the sun to rise each morning. I expect to walk around my beautiful neighborhood before work. I expect that the trees are filling up a little more each day. I expect Bakewell to be open. I expect that they will have oatmeal cookie lattes. I expect that Lily will be pulling at her cage to run free when I return home.