Life is never a one-act performance. There are various stages that we all must dance upon, complete with their own costumes, scores, and costars.
- refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
“he ignored her outraged question”
- synonyms: disregard, take no notice of, pay no attention to, pay no heed to; More
- turn a blind eye to, turn a deaf ear to, tune out
“he ignored the customers”
- snub, slight, spurn, shun, disdain, look right through, pass over, look past;
- informal: give someone the brush-off, give someone the cold shoulder
“he was ignored by the journalists”
- set aside, pay no attention to, take no account of;
- break, contravene, fail to comply with, fail to observe, disregard, disobey, breach, defy, flout;
Let’s talk about sleep.
I was noticing that my sleep has been disrupted on a daily basis over the course of the last week. I thought maybe I was anxious about my job search, cleaning, money, issues with a friend, or any of my countless daily concerns. But I was reading today that the sudden removal of alcohol can result in disrupted sleep.
Truth be told, I really stopped drinking prior to June 1. But for argument’s sake, I’m making June 1 my official start. Some morsels of information and clarity that I’ve already encountered include the following:
So I didn’t stick to my plan to write a few sentences a day about this journey for various reasons. The first being I was dealing with a major injury to my right foot. A stubbed toe turned into nine days of painkillers and 13 days of antibiotics. Not to mention a small procedure on the toe to boot. To boot! Ha!
Today, there are so many cases of the public being too sensitive and overreacting to a statement made by celebrities. One example being the huge uproar (complete with #CancelColbert internet campaign) over the Colbert Report’s poor re-delivery via Twitter of a joke made on air. At the time, Colbert had pointed out the mind-boggling logic behind Dan Snyder creating a charity for Native Americans to make up for the fact that he owns a team called the Red Skins.