Are you looking for the perfect, irresistible breakfast companion or dessert to bring along to your next gathering? Look no further. After contemplating countless recipes across the internet, I have mastered the perfect monkey bread muffin!
Serves: 6 (or 2, depending on how ambitious you are feeling)
Prep & Cook time: About 30 minutes
- ¼c. granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) Pillsbury™ Grands™ Buttermilk refrigerated biscuits
- ¼ c. Sun-Maid® raisins
- ¼ c. Nestle® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Mini Morsels
- ¼ c. butter
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. water
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray six large-size muffin cups with non-stick baking/cooking spray. Liners are not necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into the eight biscuits. Cut each into six pieces.
- Toss biscuit chunks in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, and place eight pieces of dough in each muffin cup. Sprinkle chocolate chips and raisins directly into the muffin cups while placing the dough.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter until melted. Stir in brown sugar and water, and bring to a boil. Constantly stirring, cook for about two minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Spoon the caramel mixture over each of the muffin cups.
- Bake 11-14 minutes or until biscuit pieces are lightly toasted brown and those untouched by the caramel are slightly crispy.
- Allow to cool slightly, to avoid muffins falling apart. Remove from tin, and serve warm.